The latest update to Microsoft’s long-standing operating system is finally available. Windows 11, which had a release on October 5th, brought many important changes and improvements to the popular OS. Among those updates were several fixes for known issues and adjustments to the interface design. In addition to these functional and stylistic modifications, Microsoft also introduces new Windows 11 security features in their latest launch. Take a look below as we cover the latest updates and improvements that Microsoft has to offer in Windows 11.
Updates in Windows 11
Microsoft has not released a new operating system since July 2015 when it launched Windows 10. Since then, a variety of changes have been made so that users receive a better experience using the system. These updates range from being cosmetic to functional in a variety of ways.
- Customized Desktop Experience: Microsoft introduces the ability to “snap” apps into specific tiles on the desktop. Users can also change the size of the tiles, allowing for more control over the accessibility of their favorite applications.
- Updated Start Menu: Certain apps and programs have been pinned to the Start menu so that users can easily locate and utilize that software. The menu can be customized to fit the user’s needs at any time.
- Taskbar Adjustments: One of the most surprising new features on Windows 11 is the updated taskbar. The program icons are much smaller, and the icons themselves are now in the center of the taskbar for easy access. Users can also pin commonly-used software to their taskbar, much like in previous versions of the OS.
- Flexible Widgets: These widgets can also “snap” to the taskbar, allowing users to reference them quickly and easily. Popular Microsoft widgets include the weather, news headlines, stock prices, and the calendar.
Security and Privacy Features in Windows 11
The latest improvements from Microsoft feature prominent changes to their security features. Although many features are similar to Windows 10, Windows 11 brings additional security protocols to strengthen protection for all users.
- Microsoft Defender Antivirus: This software is built into Windows 11 and utilizes next-generation security features for more protection. Microsoft suggests that when Microsoft Defender is used for Endpoint, users get “strong endpoint protection, and advanced endpoint protection & response.”
- Windows Security App: This application is built into the structure of Windows 11. Windows Security App aims to provide basic security features with an easy-to-use interface. The Windows Security App boasts “virus & threat protection, firewall & network protection, account protection, and more.”
- Application Security: These features exist to prevent malicious code from running. They help by isolating suspicious websites, monitoring untrustworthy files, and protecting users against potential phishing or malware threats.
- Windows Hello for Business: This addition to Windows 11 gives users the ability to go passwordless and use a PIN or biometric in place of a simple passcode. Microsoft hopes to implement IR cameras and TPM chips to help protect the identity of users on shared organization devices.
Using a VPN with Windows 11
Although the improvements in Windows OS have come a long way, there are still areas on the Internet that may require additional security measures. Simple, built-in protection from your OS can help decrease the likelihood of security breaches, but you might still require additional protection against other threats.
Using a VPN masks your IP address: this means that no one else can access your true location. Using a VPN routes your IP address through a server from another part of the world, protecting your activity.
If you are a new Windows 11 user, consider downloading a reliable VPN that can help keep your privacy intact. With the robust power of PrivadoVPN, you can rest assured knowing that prying eyes won’t compromise your data. Encrypted pathways make it more challenging for cybercriminals to get ahold of your personal information, making them much more secure.
Get PrivadoVPN for Windows 11
Once you upgrade your Windows operating system, you will need to protect your system from any potential threats. The latest improvements have shown that Microsoft made great strides towards ensuring total user security. Regardless of the OS changes in Windows 11, a VPN is the perfect tool to take your privacy to the next level.
With access to hundreds of global servers and multi-device security, PrivadoVPN is one of the best zero-log VPNs on the market. Start today by signing-up and downloading the PrivadoVPN app on any of your favorite devices!
Start protecting your online privacy today with PrivadoVPN. Get access to hundreds of secure global servers, multi-device protection, and other great features for only $4.99/mo!